Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
1. Free Books. What avid reader doesn’t love getting free books? Seriously, its getting to do something I love and (occasionally) it costs me nothing. Best thing ever!
2. Having an excuse to buy books. Even though my fiance rolls his eyes everytime I use that excuse, it is still technically a valid excuse. I have to buy this book. For the blog, honey.
3. Having an excuse to read books. Not that I needed an excuse. I’d be reading even if I didn’t run the blog, but having the blog makes it feel as if I have responsibility to read and read as much as I can.
4. Having a creative outlet. It’s creative for me to have this blog to set up and change and have words to write and think of ways to make the blog interesting.
5. A whole new world. Blogging about books has kind of introduced me to the world of writing and publishing. Sorta. I’ve only just scratched the surface of this world and I’ve learned so much! I love it.
6. Communicating with authors/publishers. So I don’t really geek out over speaking with publishers (sorry!) but I have legitimately fangirled over speaking to authors on twitter or facebook. Especially ones that are well known and have thousands of followers.
7. Getting thank yous. This kind of goes along with #6 but I love getting thank you notes from authors when I’ve review their book. Not that I expect one at all but I just think it is a nice gesture, even if I didn’t absolutely love the book.
8. Reading is awesome!
9. Free books. Did I mention this yet? I’m pretty broke, free books are wonderful!
10. Making new friends. My blog doesn’t have a lot of followers (yet) but I’ve still met some great people since I started blogging.