Charlotte at Miscrawl made about post about her reading habits and tagged all of her followers to share theirs. So here is my post and I also tag all of you to share your reading habits!
1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading? Not really but I usually read on the couch. During the summer, I’ll read on the porch while the kids play outside.
2) Bookmark or random piece of paper? I will use anything as a bookmark; bills, scraps of paper, business cards. Currently I’m using a picture of one of my daughters because it was the closest thing to me at the time. I am a horrible person and dog ear my books occasionally.
3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain amount of pages? I can just stop. When I have to stop reading it is generally because I have to do something, like go back to work or get something for my kids. I don’t always get the chance to make it to the end of a chapter.
4) Do you eat or drink whilst reading? All the time. I read when I’m drinking my morning coffee. I read when I’m on my lunch break at work. Actually, if I get the chance I like to go out to eat by myself and read.
5) Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading? If I am home alone at night, I will turn on the tv as background noise. Or the kids/my significant other are watching something while I read. But I can tune it out. I can’t listen to music though. My mind wanders when music is playing.
6) One book at a time or several at once? One. Only one. I can’t handle more than one at time because characters and plot points get jumbled in my mind.
7) Reading at home or everywhere? Everywhere! I never go anywhere without a book and/or my kindle. And thank god for smart phones and kindle apps if I happen to forget.
8) Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently. I don’t know why but reading out loud drives me nuts. The only time I might read out loud is if I need to sound out a weird character name/place.
9) Do you ever read ahead or skip pages? I might go ahead to see how many pages are left in a chapter but I try to not skip pages or read ahead because then I might miss something important!
10) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? I break it! While I love the look of a brand new book with an unbroken spine, how can you properly enjoy a book if you don’t open it all the way?! A worn spine shows a loved book, in my opinion.
11) Do you write in your books? No! The Horror! I understand that may seem a strange opinion from someone that dog ears books and breaks the spine but why would you write in a book that’s not a textbook?! No writing in my books, except maybe, hardly ever, small pencil dot that shows me where I left off.
Okay everyone, show me your reading habits!