This is a meme hosted by Bookishly Boisterous
1. Robin Williams. Man, his passing really threw me for a loop. Like most people my age, Robin was a staple of childhood, with Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire etc. There are some celebs where when they pass I give the obligatory RIP and think about how unfortunate it is (because it is) and then I move on.
Others, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, and now Robin, I shed tears because they meant something to me. I would go out of my way to watch them. I was excited when The Crazy Ones was announced because I was so happy to see him on TV (and super bummed when it was canceled because I loved it). I’ve seen most of his movies, I adore his Live on Broadway stand up special (if you’ve never see it, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. GO WATCH IT. NOW. RIGHT NOW). What Dreams May Come is one of my favorite movies.
But that brings me to depression. Depression is a serious disease that too many people take lightly. They think a depressed person can just snap out of it. Well, you can’t. Everyone has ups and down and people throw around the term depressed casually. “Oh, I’m depressed today” but they don’t actually suffer from real depression. Depression is a down week/month/year. It is a cloud that constantly hangs over you. It is hopelessness and anxiety.
And you know what a lot of people also experience? Guilt. Because they know what their disease is doing to their friends and family and they can’t change. Sure you can take meds but sometimes it takes years to get the right combination. It’s a lot of trial and error.
I’ve suffered from depression for years and I’d be lying if I said there weren’t times when I thought I don’t want to do this anymore. It’s too hard, it hurts too much. It’s exhausting just to wake up everyday. So if you suffer from depression or know someone that does, please seek help. There are people out there that understand, that want to help.
Oh Captain, My Captain
2. I offered to read a book for a book tour because I heard good things and I started reading the book and it’s terrible. And I feel bad because now I have to email the tour organizer and back out of the tour because there is no way I’m going to be able to give this book a good review. =/
3. If you haven’t seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet you need to do so ASAP. If for no other reason than this –
Look at that. ADORABLE.
4. I’m going to be in Toronto for the Fan Expo! I’m so excited! I can’t wait!
5. I have some reviews scheduled almost until my delivery of this munchkin currently taking up space in my abdomen. After that….idk. My classes start on the 25th of this month. I’m not sure whether I’ll just go on a hiatus or just stop my blog altogether. We’ll just have to see!